Speed?

Chaoticdriver

I have no issue driving fast and I even enjoy it. And, 50 miles per hour is not that fast, is it? But I don't think I can drive under a condition that I keep the speed above it, otherwise a boom planted in the car will explode.

MustangSally

I usually don't go over 5 miles over the speed limit on the open highways. I'll let those guys driving much faster than me be the targets of any speed traps or police who are patrolling. I have an aversion to having to pay tickets.

Fanbelt

I wouldn't drive a car with a boom planted in it. :) I am a safe driver and I don't like speeding. I think the faster you drive your car, the less control you have over the car.

HondaMan

If the speed limit is 70, then I'll drive 75-78, depending on road conditions and traffic. If the roads are wet, then I'll adjust my speed accordingly (I hydroplaned once and almost lost control, so I'm kind of afraid of rain). Of course, speeds also depend upon the condition of my tires.

Max

The posted speed limits are not arbitrary. They are derived by experts based on safety principles. Going faster or slower than the limit goofs up the flow of traffice and creates a hazard.

minyoung

I usually don't go beyond the speed limit. Following the indicated speed limits have so far made my driving experience very smooth. I have an aversion for high speed driving and I don't want to run slow and be a traffic hazard. The indicated speed limits take the thinking out of the process.