Too Dangerous

Car Hop

I love good sound in my car like the next person, but in making cars mini-hotel rooms, are we also making driving them more dangerous? This last thing about making videoconferencing a possible just pushes it over the line in my book.

Bridey

Good point! It won't be very long before people are sleeping and working from their cars at this rate! Personally I'd like to see more legislation which would steer a car back to being a mode of transport (pun intended).

mack

Things simply evolve and we can't help it. Computers for instance no longer just compute. They communicate. Then phones no longer just communicate, they compute. This is an amazing world.

MustangSally

The world and technology, too, is amazing! I think we're overdoing it by putting things like video equipment in cars, though. It wasn't too long ago that I was hearing that cell phone use in cars was going to be legislated. If drivers can't handle them and drive safely, they certainly can't handle having videos. I'm with Bridey. Cars need to go back to being a mode of transportation.

Tabby

Cars are getting to where they don't even need drivers. They know when to stop, they can accelerate by themselves, they can parallel park. Why not fully automate the cars and roads, then the cars can be little offices, or home entertainment studios, or people could take naps on their way to work. This couldn't be too far down the line, could it?

Marvin

What ever happened to the simple idea of good old-fashioned transportation? Sometimes technology is just about "because we can" not because "we need to".

Guy

I'm waiting for the day when all you have to do is "punch in the coordinates" then just be in your "living room on wheels" until you get there!