Under Dash Lights

DMan

I drive a Ford F350 and before that I had a Ford F150. My gripe with these trucks is the poor under dash lighting. Trying to find a cup holder when you're on a dark road at night is by feel only. I finally installed a strip of lights to solve the problem but this was definitely a design flaw, as far as I'm concerned. My buddy who has a Dodge Ram doesn't have this problem.

MaximumSpeed

Some cars have a light up top that can be activated by pressing on it, which would probably take care of that issue. It does seem silly not to have some kind of light available!

PEZluvr

I never really thought about lights under the dash. I guess my car has them, because I don't remember ever having a complaint, but I can't pinpoint it in my head. I'll have to look next time I'm in it in the dark.

sandis

I am not sure if our truck has a light or not but I have given up having any drinks in there lately. The last time I used a drink in there during the brightest day possible I still ended up spilling it all over my klutzy stuff.

Lindsey

It is a real problem at least with older Ford trucks. I remember driving down the interstate one dark night. I grabbed my coffee which was in a paper cup, had a drink and then could not find the cup holder and the coffee was getting hotter and hotter. It was really not safe to drive and have to grope around in the dark like that.

Smoothe

Lights under dash

This is how much attention I pay to the lights inside my car: I have no clue whether my car has lights under the dash. What does that say about me? I think I just click a top light and it shines down to wherever I need to see. Thus far, it's working, because I haven't noticed a lack of inside lighting.