Unrepaired repair job

Corinne

I took my car in last week to fix a roar underneath my car. They put on new tires, fixed a couple of things and returned it to me with a bill for right at a thousand bucks. This morning, the roar's back, louder than ever, but the money has not returned to my banking account. Why can't folks fix what they charge you to fix?

Naptime

I hate when that happens! I took my old car in to get a serpentine belt replaced and within the week it had slipped and almost caused me to have an accident when my power steering went out.

Corinne

Repair job

I was fuming when I posted that. I have to pick up children from school every day this week and keep them until their parents get off work. There is no way I can do without my car even one day this week. It was hard enough to do so when I was getting the problem fixed the first time.

Aces

Repair job

I hope you were able to convince the service center that they hadn't fixed what they charged you for fixing. With my luck, they would find something totally wrong and try to tell me that what didn't need fixing in the first place needed the repairs. I hate car repair shops.

bjstorm

I hope you have the time to go in there with your car and the written report of the problem that you went in to have fixed. No doubt they'll find something else but maybe they'll give you a break on the price at least because you know it won't be something they did wrong, will it.

striker

I hate repair shops, too. Luckily, we have a local mechanic who has treated us well for the last few years. He is a bit slow at getting the job done, but he's honest and has fair prices.