Waiting for a ride

Donnie

I have several different things that need repairing and checking out on my main ride. Every day this week I've had to put off getting my car serviced because I can't pin down someone to give me a ride. I think I'm just going to call and rent me a danged car. Do you depend on others or just go it yourself when your car needs servicing?

Rodney

Thankfully my wife and I have the flexibility to rearrange our schedules for pick ups and drop offs in a situation like this. Before I got married though, I was in your boat many times and it's a total pain. I feel for you.

RoseRed

I am also married so we can pick each other up as needed, but if I were in your situation I would probably rent a car.

FenderBender

I have had to go both routes and it stinks but sometimes. Even when you are in a relationship or married it isn't possible to rearrange schedules. I actually just had to have my significant other trade me cars yesterday so he could take my car to the shop for a new bumper (finally) and a trailer hitch. He ended up having to sit there and wait for it for 2 hours.

vroombaby

I have before but that was long before I had a vehicle of my own or when I was in between vehicles. I remember the long days of lugging back groceries too and those are not nearly as fun as you would think.

Opal

It's tough to be in a spot like that Donnie. If your friends refuse to help out then a rental is certainly a great alternative. Maybe you should expand your circle of friends?