Waiting on brake lights

Donnie

After four trips to one service center to have our brake lights repaired, we finally took the "fixed" car to another service center. We've been waiting for parts for over a week now. Oh, the joys of car ownership.

Opal

I think service depends on a couple of things. One is the parts, of course, and the other would be the difficulty level of the job. If it's simple, some mechanics put it off and take the harder ones first thinking the easy job can be handled anytime in a matter of minutes. At the end of the day, the easy job is forgotten and put off till tomorrow.

Hotrod25

Brake lights? You mean brakes or brake pads? You could probably change those yourself with no waiting. Shame on the first shop for not fixing it the first time. I hope you got your money back!

Donnie

Brake lights

By brake lights, I mean the lights that come on when you brake. Sorry I wasn't more specific. The job ended up being replacing the entire tail light assembly. At least it's done now. And no, I didn't get my money back. That's the cost of going to the business of a friend. I've taken it back to have fixed several times now, and it still wasn't fixed or even diagnosed properly. I'm not going to risk the friendship over a few dollars. I just won't take my car there any more. And yes, I know I'm in the right, but the friendship is valuable to my family members.

codysalvick

Replacement OE Comparable Tail Light is made of top quality materials to endure rough road conditions over a long time. Replace your old and broken unit with this DOT and SAE approved lighting product.
Replacement - the most affordable brand name for replacement parts that you need! Replacement is a professional brand for autobody and lighting parts; it also carries electrical, brake, suspension, intake and exhaust, and cooling and heating products. All Replacement brands include 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty..