When Do You Take Off Your Snow Tires

bjstorm

Although our winter has been on the mild side that's not usually the case. This year for the first time I put snow tires on. I'm not sure how long to leave them on though. Usually by early March the worst of the snow has passed us by. If you use snow tires at what point do you take them off?

Hotrod25

Here in NY we usually take them off in early April. You just never know when you are going to get that last big storm. We have not put them on yet this winter though.

JohnBoy

Never put them on

I've never even put our snow tires on the car this year. It's hard to tell. We have them just in case, and for only one car. At this point, I wonder if they'll dry rot before we ever actually use them.

RoadWarrior

That's something I'm glad I've never had to worry about. Most of the snowfalls we get in this part of the country are so minor, we're able to drive with our regular all-season tires. If it gets too deep to drive, we just stay home (or get a lift with someone who has four wheel drive).

Naptime

In 20 years of driving I have never put snow tires on. I just use all season radials and I have never had an issue. I can't imagine having to buy 2 sets of tires, one is expensive enough.