When is the best time?

Fanbelt

When is the best time to teach your kids to drive? Is it OK if they could drive far before they reach the age when they are eligible to apply for license to drive?

Aizabeepz

When my kids turn 15-18 years old, I'll allow them to practice or enroll driving courses. For now, I'll prefer them to ride bump cars first in the Timezone because they are still young.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
The learning age here is 15. That is when I was told I could learn to drive. However, I remember vaguely when I was young my dad sat me on his lap and let me steer. I do know kids who where "driving" at 13 though. I would not do it.

Alan

The age at which you can get your license & permit here is 16. I know people that have driven earlier than this.

Actually a friend of mine went out driving with his dad about 2 or 3 days before his birthday, just around the block. Then on his birthday he went and got his permit. They let him drive home...it was about a 30 minute drive. I thought they were nuts!

janeg

Yes, it is okay to teach your kids how to drive before they are old enough to get their Learners Permit. Just make sure that when you do, that there is no other people or cars around. :)

jem87

I think that you really should teach your kids to drive by the time they are thirteen. Just be sure to do it when no one is around.

Mustang37

I was taught before I was 16. We lived in the country and my dad took me out on the back roads and taught me. I see no problem with it, as long as you are with them and it's a road no one travels often.