Why is it?

Naptime

Why is it that when someone else makes a bonehead move on the road they always try to blame it on the other driver? I was driving home from work today and I was on a road with no stop sign but I was slowing down to turn on to another road. That road had a stop sign on it. A woman started pulling out from the stop sign without even looking at me and when she saw me she started making hand gestures at me. How is it my fault that she almost hit me when I had the right of way?

HondaMan

It's human nature, Nap. It's funny, when we're walking, people will open doors for us, help us with packages, push the elevator button for us and everything. But it seems getting behind the wheel of a car turns many people into monsters. They won't let you in traffic, they cut you off, they use obscene hand gestures.....it's just funny what cars do to some people.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Naptime

I think you are right on that one Honda. Getting behind the wheel just makes some people idiots. I drive the same road 4 times a day for work and I have never had an issue before that.

Hotrod25

Human nature to flip someone off when you are wrong? I don't think so! It's crazy! They think that they are right and you are wrong. They are in a hurry and you are not. I would have smiled at her and kept on going.

bjstorm

I think that people get startled and the adrenalin gets pumping even when they are in the wrong, and they just react without thinking. I bet most of them feel silly and relieved that nothing happened when they have a chance to think about it later.

JohnBoy

Always someone else

The young folks blame the old folks. The old folks blame the young folks. Men blame it on women. Women point the blame on men. It really is just human nature. The mature ones of us admit when we're wrong, but sometimes it takes us awhile.

Gomera

It's just human nature. People these days are less willing to accept responsibility for their actions. It is really quite sad to see this happen so often.

Lamboguy

Why is it that when someone else makes a bonehead move on the road they always try to blame it on the other driver? I was driving home from work today and I was on a road with no stop sign but I was slowing down to turn on to another road. That road had a stop sign on it. A woman started pulling out from the stop sign without even looking at me and when she saw me she started making hand gestures at me. How is it my fault that she almost hit me when I had the right of way?
I had a guy switch lanes on my one time and ran me off the road. He then got mad and actually wanted to fight me. I was so upset, but I kept my cool and drove off. I have road rage, but I hold it in.

Naptime

Lamboguy, I am entirely the same way. I get fighting mad too but I hold it back until I can vent to someone about it. I just don't understand how these people don't know that they are wrong.

Lamboguy

I hear you. It is a good thing to hold it in also, because in an area like mine where you are allowed to just pull out a gun and end someone's life if you feel threatened, I never know if the other person has one. It's not worth the risk.

vroombaby

For the simple reason that most people are in fact idiots and refuse to believe they could ever be in the wrong. I am sure we have all done this with something in life from time to time, but hopefully very few were behind the wheel when it happened. :)