XM Radio

NeedNewWheels

I took one of my cars to Best Buy to get an XM adapter installed so I can listen to my XM radio on an upcoming trips. The guy setting it up did not do a good job - the wires coming from behind the stereo are wedged in so tight that the stereo isn't working right. I should have known better than to take it to Best Buy. Never again.

Other than that, I love my XM radio!

philio

There are so many new kinds of radio out that I am lost. Can you explain what an XM radio is? Is XM radio free or subscription based?

Wini

I have an XM radio too and it's great. It's basically the same as Sirius radio, if you've heard of that. It's a subscription based satellite radio system.

chillen

For long road trips since there are two of us the non-driver takes the navigation of what we get to listen to. Between Sirius, normal radio, CD's and an iPhone plugged in with Rhapsody and others its always a good mix.

NeedNewWheels

Yep, you have to pay for XM and if I remember correctly it's owned by the same company as Sirius Radio now. I think the price is worth it for me because I am in the car a lot.

coup

If they are owned by the same company then how do you choose between them. Or are they going to be merging MX and Sirius radio into one thing?

Donald

If they are owned by the same company then how do you choose between them. Or are they going to be merging MX and Sirius radio into one thing?
I believe they've merged most of the music and a lot of the other programming into both XM and Sirius radio. There are still differences in the sports and talk programming between the two services though. I'm not sure why they haven't completely merged XM and Sirius radio, but it would definitely be nice if they did that.

vroombaby

I would have gone back there with receipt in hand and complained directly to the manager. Too many places have this "rush idea" where they are herding people like cattle and are not paying attention to what they should be doing and doing it proper.

MaximumSpeed

Sorry you weren't happy with the installation. We didn't worry about "installing" ours; we just stuck it to the vent with the included holder. Worked for us!