Your preferred music while driving

mack

For those who listen to music while driving, what sort of music do you normally listen to?

I use music to influence my mood. I normally play pop music or rock. During stressful situations I shift to jazz or classical. At times I prefer inspiring religious songs.

TransAm

I always have some kind of classical or jazz CD lying around in the glove box that I can listen to, because it's about the only kind of music that I can tolerate during long drives. Otherwise, it's a lot of classic rock.

MotorX

Not something I have to worry about deciding at the moment - since I drive a motorcycle! Can't really hear anything over the wind and the bike!

fiat500

I almost always listen to classic FM but sometimes when husband is behind the wheel he prefers pop music. I think sometimes he finds classical music makes him lulled.

MomVan

It depends on my mood. Sometimes I like country and other times I like pop or alternative. If it's a really long trip I guess I'm more of a pop listener and it has to be from CD. There is nothing worse then getting into a song and having the station go out on you.

LDriver

I like listening to easy listening music because it kinda sets my mood to a relaxed state. I don't know but I really have this thing for disney soundtracks. I think they are amazing!

Dodge Doll

That depends on what I'm driving, and where to....

If I'm at work (I drive for a living), it's a traffic/news station and an easy-listening station that I bounce between. Around town on my time, it's classic rock....

And if I'm on the highway and goin' long-haul, it's metal.

Kohn

I gravitate towards jazz music. Sometimes I listen to classical in busy road segments. I also listen to pop music but very rarely. Outside of jazz and classical, I listen to audio books.

Chaoticdriver

I loved to listen to heavy metal and other genres of rock music while driving when I was younger. Today I prefer slower genres like, well, classical.